Alumnae Chapter Awards
What are Alumnae Chapter Awards?
The national council of Alpha Sigma Alpha established the alumnae chapter excellence awards to recognize alumnae chapters that demonstrate lifetime dedication to the Sorority through chapter management and programming. There are three levels of recognition: Palm, Star and Crown. The top honor bestowed to an alumnae chapter is the Crown of Excellence. Additionally, there are six awards based on chapter operations.
- The chapter is in good standing according to the bylaws and timely submission of five reports – program report, chapter directory report, annual report, officer change report and alumnae chapter contribution report.
- Annual unrestricted contribution to the Alpha Sigma Alpha Foundation of $50 or more, noted on the Alpha Sigma Alpha Foundation Contribution Report. The donation must be made during the fiscal year of the award and be from the chapter’s bank account.
- Sends a delegate to the national convention & leadership conference.
- The chapter fulfills the requirements for Palm Recognition and an additional ten achievements. These achievements are based on information in the annual report.
- The chapter fulfills the requirements for Palm Recognition and an additional fifteen achievements. These achievements are based on information in the annual report.
- Chapters that fulfill Crown Recognition are also eligible for special awards for specific areas of chapter operations and for the crown of excellence.
Crown of Excellence
- Crown Recognition chapters are eligible for consideration for the Crown of Excellence Award. The Crown of Excellence Award is the top honor for an alumnae chapter.