Alpha Sigma Alpha elevates the influence of women who strive to continue improving the world around them. With this in mind, the organization shares these resources to support the physical, mental and emotional health and safety of our members and their communities.
- Know Your Rights: Reproductive Health Care: The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) provides accurate and up-to-date information about access to and coverage of reproductive health care and resources.
- College Womens Health: The FDA has tips that every college woman can use. Whether you are a campus leader, college health professional, or parent, this webpage connects young women to health and safety resources.
- 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: The three-digit, nationwide phone number connects directly to the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. By calling or texting 988, you’ll connect to mental health professionals in a national network of more than 200 crisis centers that support thousands of people to overcome crisis situations every day.
- Phone Number: 988
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Helpline: A free, confidential 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
- Phone Number: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline (RAINN): RAINN is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization. RAINN created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline in partnership with more than 1,000 local sexual assault service providers across the country.
- Chat Online: https://hotline.rainn.org/online
- Phone Number: 1-800-656-4673
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality | Resources for Women’s Health: AHRQ offers information to help enhance our understanding of women’s unique health needs and empower women to be more engaged in health care decisions. In addition to cancer and heart disease, health concerns unique to women, such as pregnancy and gynecologic care, are included.
- Blue Campaign | What is Human Trafficking: Blue Campaign is a national public awareness campaign designed to educate the public, law enforcement and other industry partners to recognize the indicators of human trafficking and how to appropriately respond to possible cases.
- Helpline Phone Number: 1-888-373-7888
- Reporting Phone Number: 1-866-347-2423